From pillow shams to decorative diffusers, colorful cushions, plant holders, and candles, there's a little something for everyone in our Top 20 Trending Home Decorating Items for Fall.
Top 20 Home Decorating Items Trending for Fall 2023
For any home decor lover looking to refresh their style this Fall, there's no better way than stocking up on this season's must-have home decorating items.
From free-standing luxury mirrors, and planet-loving compostables, to elegant V-Shaped plant hangers and delicate air plants.
Don't forget about rugs, baskets, and storage solutions that can help organize your living spaces while looking chic at the same time.
Whether you opt for natural materials like seagrass or jute or go with bolder options like velvet or rattan - there are so many fun trending styles this Fall.
So let’s dive in with the latest must-have home decorating items for Fall 2023!
Top 20 Trending Home Decorating Items for Fall
1. Bamboo Cutlery
Bamboo cutlery sets are an eco homeware staple for people who want to serve food with style.
Bamboo cutlery sets provide a chic and sustainable alternative to plastic forks and knives. They are available in lovely natural shades as well as more vibrant colors and can be used in a variety of settings. From picnics to backyard BBQs, they are a trending addition to any Fall dinner parties.
2. Candle Holders
A candle holder can give instant dimension and character to a room without feeling too cluttered or overpowering. Perfect for gifts and a thoughtful extra for your customer's browsing journey.
- Throw Blankets & Pillows: Cozy accents such as throw blankets and pillows can provide the perfect finishing touch to any home décor look. Think luxury velvets, high-thread cotton, and linen. Pillow shams and handcrafted comforters along with Scandi minimalism.
- Compostable dishware: Whether your home-style boutique store customers are serving up dinner for two or hosting a large party, compostable dishware is an excellent choice for reducing waste.
Made with paper and plant-based materials, these plates and cups are stylish and 100% biodegradable within 90 days.
- Baskets & Storage Containers: Baskets and storage containers are great for keeping clutter off the floor and out of sight.
They’re also handy for organizing items like blankets, toys, books, and other small objects. So be creative with how you display baskets to inspire your customers!
- Mirrors: Mirrors are an effective way to visually expand a room while also adding more light reflection.
Uber stylish floor-standing types are continuing to trend. 1920s style Art Deco-inspired styles are also hot for 2023.
- Reusable shopping bags: Another green living eco must-have for 2023 and beyond!
These useful but adorable handbag staples come in all sorts of designs and colors and can create interest in smaller spaces in your store.
Also by helping reduce plastic waste, they are an enticing little extra for your planet-conscious aware customers.
- Indoor Plants: Indoor plants make great gifts, they look great in any home and bring a touch of nature indoors.
Indoor plants are known to reduce stress, improve air quality and create a sense of calmness and relaxation.
Plus, some indoor plants require very little maintenance so they’re perfect for even the most novice gardener!
Check out stylish air plants for a low-maintenance addition to your store.
- Decorative Vases & Planters: Decorative vases and planters are perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any room. Think minimalist styles in grey, and muted tones or natural pallets such as pale greens, navy, and taupe.
- Candles: both functional and decorative - candles are perfect for creating a warm, inviting atmosphere in your customer's home.
A homeware boutique store staple, candles are enjoying their place as usual on the top 20 must-haves for a boutique home store.
- Lamps & Light Fixtures: Edison light bulbs are still enjoying trending status! So include lighting options that include this evergreen style.
Whether you opt for a modern chandelier or an industrial-style pendant light, ambient lighting can create a restful space in-store to encourage your customers to browse that little bit longer!
Alongside providing elegant or contemporary lighting solutions for their homes.
- Blankets: Sumptuous blankets are essential for creating an on-trend layered look...
To keep its boutique style, think luxury and natural fibers such as wool and velvet.
- Tabletop Firepit: A tabletop firepit is a trending boutique home store item for anyone who loves spending time outdoors or entertaining guests on their patio!
They come in many shapes and sizes, ensuring that you can find something that will fit your customer's style perfectly. It provides a cozy atmosphere no matter the season or occasion!
- Rugs: Area rugs add texture, warmth, and color to a room - making them a great option for boutique home store owners as a way of creating both ambiance in-store and an always trending item to offer customers.
- Dried, and faux Flowers: Fresh flowers are always an attractive addition to any room, but dried flowers can also bring some extra style and texture when used as decorative pieces.
Whether you opt for the beautifully designed faux flowers available such as swoon-worthy peonies or large-head hydrangeas in gorgeous muted pinks and neutrals, they can help create color and depth to your store arrangements.
- Home Fragrances & Diffusers: Aromatherapy is becoming increasingly popular - allowing boutique home store owners the chance to provide customers with fragrant-smelling items that will uplift and soothe, which can also attract customers to stay longer in your store!
- Art & Wall Decor: Adding art to a room can be the perfect way for your customers to show off style and taste - from classic paintings to contemporary sculptures, your boutique store display will be the perfect backdrop to other homeware items.
- Accent Furniture: Small pieces of furniture such as accent chairs, benches, or ottomans can be great additions to any home store - also offering visual appeal during your customer's in-store journey.
- Throw Pillows: Throw pillows are another evergreen that keeps on giving, year after year in terms of trending stakes.
Providing comfort, texture, and color - they’re an easy addition to your boutique store that can make a world of difference in any space!
They also make great items to entice your customers to hit their gift list for the year or get a head start on holiday gifting!
And to finish…
These are just a few of the top trending items that boutique home store owners should consider stocking in their stores - from classic home decor pieces to modern accessories, there are plenty of items to choose from!
With careful selection and promotion of these popular products, you can help your business stand out among competitors and provide customers with stylish options for their homes.
By keeping up with current trends, you can ensure that your store is always offering something new and exciting!
With a huge 98.4% sell-through rate, Braid & Wood products hit the heights when compared to the industry standard for home decor.